THE HOLY GITA

Saturday 23 December 2017

THE HOLY GITA, CHAPTER 10, VERSE 19, VIBHUTI YOGA OR THE YOGA OF DIVINE MANIFESTATIONS

THE HOLY GITA
CHAPTER NUMBER 10
VIBHUTI YOGA OR THE YOGA OF DIVINE MANIFESTATIONS:
VERSE NUMBER 19
Text in Transliteration:
                                sree bhagavaan uvaacha  
hanta te kathayishyaami divyaa hy aatmavibhootayah:
praadhaanyatah: kurusreshtha naa ‘sty anto vistarasya me
 Sanskrit words and phrases and their meaning:
 sree bhagavaan uvaacha = Sri Bhagavan said:
hanta = now, very well; te = to thee; kathayisyaami (I) will declare; divyaah = divine; hi = indeed; aatma vibhootayah: = my glories; praadhaanyatah: = in their prominence; kuru srestha = best of the Kurus; na = not; asti = is; antah = end; vistarasya = of detail; me = of me.

Text in English:
                                   The Blessed Lord said:
Very well! I shall now tell you My divine glories according to their prominence, O best of the Kurus;
There is no end to the details of My manifestation.

COMMENTARY BY SRIMAT SWAMI CHIDBHAVANANDA:
The splendours in Nature are a verily the attributes of Iswara. It is impossible for Iswara Himself to recount them all. A few specimens only can be mentioned; His infinitude may be inferred from them.
SRIMAT SWAMI RAMAKRISHNA AS QUOTED BY SRIMAT SWAMI CHIDBHAVANANDA:
To define God from scriptural knowledge is like defining the holy city of Barnaras after getting an idea of it from the map.

COMMENTARY BY SRIMAT SWAMI SIVANANDA:
Now I will tell you of My most prominent divine glories. My glories are illimitable; it is not possible to describe all of them.

  (Request by the blogger: Dear Readers, it’s a matter of great concern that none of you follow me. Please know that your following me will enhance my chances of getting connected to Google AdSense and place ads on this site. Will you please follow me? Thank you all.)

No comments:

Post a Comment