THE HOLY GITA

Saturday 20 January 2018

THE HOLY GITA, CHAPTER 10, VERSE 39, VIBHUTI YOGA OR THE YOGA OF DIVINE MANIFESTATIONS

THE HOLY GITA
CHAPTER NUMBER 10
VIBHUTI YOGA OR THE YOGA OF DIVINE MANIFESTATIONS:
VERSE NUMBER 39
Text in Transliteration:
yach chaa ‘pi sarvabhootaanaam beejam tad aham arjuna
na tad asti vinaa yat syaan mayaa bhootam charaacharam
Sanskrit words and phrases and their meaning:
Yat = which; cha = and; api = also; sarva bhootaanaam = among all beings; beejam = seed; tat = that; aham = I; arjuna = O Arjuna; na = not; tat = that; asti = is; vinaa = without; yat = which; syaat = may be; mayaa = by me; bhootam = being; charaacharam = moving or unmoving.
Text in English:
And whatever is the seed of all beings, that am I, O Arjuna. There is no being, whether moving or unmoving that can exist without Me.

COMMENTARY BY SRIMAT SWAMI CHIDBHAVANANDA:
It may be summed up that the varieties of existences, at all levels, the moving and the unmoving have all taken their sources in Brahman.
Has the Lord exhausted the account of His divine attributes? He gives the answer in the following verse.

COMMENTARY BY SRIMAT SWAMI SIVANANDA:

I am the primeval seed from which all creation has come into existence. I am the seed of everything. I am the Self of everything. Nothing can exist without Me. Everything is of My nature. I am the essence of everything. Without Me all things would be mere void. I am the soul of everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment