THE HOLY GITA

Friday 16 February 2018

THE HOLY GITA, CHAPTER 11, VERSE 09, VISVARUPA DARSANA YOGA OR THE YOGA OF THE VISION OF THE COSMIC FORM

THE HOLY GITA
CHAPTER NUMBER 11
VISVARUPA DARSANA YOGA OR THE YOGA OF THE VISION OF THE COSMIC FORM:
VERSE NUMBER 09
Text in Transliteration:
                                 samjaya uvaacha
evam uktvaa tato raajan mahaayogesvaro harih:
darsayaam aasa paarthaaya paramam roopam aisvaram
Sanskrit words and phrases and their meaning:
                                    samjaya uvaacha = Sanjaya said:
evem = thus; uktvaa = having spoken; tatah: = then; raajan = O king; mahaa yogesvarah: = the great Lord of yoga; harih: = Hari; darsayaamaasa = showed; paarthaaya = to Partha; paramam = supreme; roopam = roopam = form; aisvaram = sovereign.
Text in English:
                                     Sanjaya said:
Having thus spoken, O king, the great Lord of yoga, Hari showed to Partha, His supreme Iswara form.

COMMENTARY BY DR.S.RADHAKRISHNAN:
The Upanishad says:
Hearing they hear not; knowing they know not; seeing they see not; only with the eye of enlightenment do they see.
This is Krishna’s transfiguration where Arjuna sees all the creatures in heaven and earth in the Divine Form.
Cp. the Prophet’s words: “Lord open his eyes that he may see.” See also the vision of Ezekiel, Exodus xxxiii, 18; Revelation iv: and Saddharmapundarika, 1. “Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee. Thou shalt see and be radiant and thy heart shall thrill and be enlarged” ( Isaiah lx, 1-5).

COMMENTARY BY SRIMAT SWAMI SIVANANDA:
King: This verse is addressed by Sanjaya to Dhritarashtra.
Supreme form: The Cosmic Form.

( Note by the blogger: Dear visitors and readers, since you show a singular lack of interest in following the three great commentators and thus help me tide over my financial problems, I have come up with a novel idea.
I have opened a Youtube channel. short stories- by Raguram youtube is the name of the channel. I started it last night. Tonight onwards I will be telling short stories to those who care to visit my Channel. My Email ID for the channel is kraguram58@gmail.com
You might ask what’s so special about the site and why we should visit it.
Well, It’s a unique channel and I tell short stories in a novel way.
In front of the camera, I use a Mills and Boon Romance and from the novel, I would select a sentence or a line or a phrase even at random and using the same as a starting line or sentence of my short story, I would develop the story from the scratch! This is a novel method. The short stories are not for kids either. They are for adults. I wouldn’t know what story I am going to tell. It all would depend on the sentence or phrase I’d select at random. The idea is to tell one short story a day. But I am capable of telling short stories more than one a day. I will upload videos according as the number of visitors dictates. More the number more short stories I will tell a day.
I will upload my first video tonight around eight o’ clock. Be sure to visit my Youtube channel. And be sure to click on the icon Subscribe besides clicking on the bell icon on the top right side corner.
Since necessity is the mother of invention, I have opted for this way to make money. But I will surely continue to blog on this site. For it is surely a matter of spiritual satisfaction.
Kindly visit my short story channel tonight, please. You won’t be bored. And that’s a promise.
Thank you and have a nice day)   





No comments:

Post a Comment